Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Working at the Stanwood/Camanoo food bank overall was not what I thought it was going to be. I have worked about 5 or 6 hours total so far and I feel like I am as big of help that I thought I was going to be. Going there I thought I was going to be able to work with the public and observe how things work at a food bank. I have seen a little how the food bank works but I do not know the majority of the information.It also does not help that in the small town there is not many people, so the food bank is not very busy. When I volunteer at the food bank I usually help in the back with sorting food and cleaning. I know I am helping someone because I make it a little easier on the other volunteers. The food bank provides a lot of food for those who can not afford it, because I volunteer there I feel I am helping people too, just not the way I thought I was going to. Because I have helped out with the other volunteers, I hope I am more help to someone.

1 comment:

  1. Every bit helps; I guess it's a good thing that it's not too busy, eh? Means that people are being taken care of.

    ReplyDelete